What is an IRS of Deficiency?

When the IRS notices financial inconsistencies between the tax return you filed and the documents submitted by your employer/financial institutions that indicate you owe more income taxes than what you stated on your original tax return, the IRS will send you a Notice of Deficiency or also known as Notice CP3219A.

While it is possible that either you or your employer/financial institution made a simple mistake, you need to confirm with the IRS that your tax return is incorrect or prove to the IRS that your original return is correct through petitioning the Tax Court. To best understand where the mistake was made, check with your employer or financial institution to see what information they may have sent the IRS.

If you Agree with the IRS’s Proposed Changes

In case your employer/financial institutions’s document sent to the IRS was correct, you may have greater tax liability. To accept the changes, first you need to sign Form 5564 Notice of Deficiency Waiver and second, if you have a greater tax liability (thus an increased amount owed), you need to amend your tax return and report your additional income, credits, or expenses with Form 1040-X.

If You Disagree with the IRS’s Proposed Changes

If you disagree with the proposed tax changes you need to petition the IRS by sending them a written response explaining why your tax return was correct. At this time, you also need to contact your employer or financial institution and ask them to correct their documents. This all needs to be completed before the IRS’s given deadline indicated on your Notice of Deficiency.

Petition Deadline

If you need to petition with the U.S. Tax Court, you must petition before the deadline–which is only 90 days from the notice date of the IRS’s letter. If you don’t respond or petition before the stated deadline, the IRS will instead send you a bill for the proposed tax increases and make the proposed changes to your annual return

Act Quickly Before Accruing Penalties and Tax Interest

Whether you agree or disagree, you still need to respond to the IRS as soon as possible. If you don’t act promptly and your tax liability has increased based on the inconsistencies between your employer’s document and your return, the IRS will send you a bill. On this bill you will owe a penalty fee and interest on the taxes that remain to be unpaid.

Keep Tax Records

After your case has been resolved and you have either agreed with the IRS or have petitioned your case, be sure to save your tax records. Not only should you keep a copy of your Notice of Deficiency, but also keep a corrected version of the tax return in question.

Contact a Profession for any Question

If you have questions about your IRS Notice of Deficiency or need help understanding the notice’s direct implications to your current tax situation, do not hesitate to contact us. Receiving an IRS Notice of Deficiency isn’t a reason to worry, even if you owe more taxes. Through installment agreements and Offers in Compromise, you can find your way to a fresh start.

166 thoughts on “IRS Notice of Deficiency (CP3219A)”

  1. I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post’s to be just what I’m looking for.
    Would you offer guest writers to write content for you?
    I wouldn’t mind producing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write about here.

    Again, awesome site!

  2. Thannks for yoour tips about this blog. 1 thing I
    want to sayy is purchasing consumer electronics items over the Internet is ceftainly not new.
    Actually, in the past decade alone, the marketplace for online electronic devices has grown considerably.

    Today, yyou can get practically any type of electronic unit and other gadgets on the Internet,
    which includee cameras in addition to camcorders to computer components and gamne playing consoles.

  3. Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
    I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any suggestions?

  4. hello!,I love your writing very much! percentage we
    be in contact more about your article on AOL? I require an expert in this house to solve my
    problem. Maybe that’s you! Taking a look forward to peer you.

    Also visit my blog post game Sky777

  5. I’d been honored to obtain a call from my friend immediately he found
    out the important points shared on the site. Going through your blog article is a real amazing
    experience. Thank you for considering readers at all like
    me, and I would like for you the best of success as being a professional in this field.

    Here is my website … Bellissi Ageless Moisturizer

  6. Hello it’s me, I am also visiting this site on a
    regular basis, this site is in fact pleasant and the
    users are really sharing fastidious thoughts.

  7. I like what you guys tend to be up too. This sort of clever work and coverage!

    Keep up the excellent works guys I’ve you guys to my personal blogroll.

  8. I’m pretty pleased to find this web site.
    I wanted to thank you for ones time just for this fantastic read!!

    I definitely really liked every part of it and I have you saved to fav to look at new stuff on your website.

    Here is my webpage :: Chillbox AC

  9. I waas suɡgested this web site byy myy cousin. I am not surе whetһer this post is written by hhim as nobody
    else know such detailed abߋut mү trouble. You’re amazing!

  10. Wondeгful beat ! I wisһ to apprentice whіle ʏou amrnd your site, hoѡ caan i subsxrіbe foor a bⅼog site?

    The accоunt aided me a acceptable deal. I had bеen tiny
    bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clеar idea

  11. Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired!

    Very helpful information particularly the final phase 🙂 I care for such info a lot.
    I used to be seeking this certain information for a very long
    time. Thank you and best of luck.

    Also visit my web blog Profit Edge Trading App

  12. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!

    Very helpful info particularly the last part 🙂 I care for such information a lot.
    I was looking for this certain info for a long time. Thank you and best of

  13. Excellent site. A lot of useful info here. I’m sending
    it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious.
    And naturally, thanks on your sweat!

  14. I got this web site from my friend who told me concerning this web
    site and at the moment this time I am visiting this web
    site and reading very informative content at this place.

  15. Can I just say what a comfort to discover somebody
    who actually knows what they are discussing on the net.
    You definitely realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
    A lot more people have to look at this and understand this side of the story.
    I was surprised that you’re not more popular because you most certainly have the gift.

  16. Fantastic items from you, man. I have take into account your stuff previous
    to and you are simply too great. I really like
    what you have bought here, really like what you’re stating and the best way wherein you say it.
    You’re making it entertaining and you still care for to stay it smart.

    I cant wait to learn much more from you. That is really a tremendous site.
    scoliosis surgery https://0401mm.tumblr.com/ scoliosis surgery

  17. Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the web the
    simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think about worries that
    they just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out
    the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a
    signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks cheap flights http://1704milesapart.tumblr.com/ cheap flights

  18. I have been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of house .
    Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this website.
    Reading this information So i am glad to exhibit that I’ve a very just right uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed.
    I so much undoubtedly will make certain to don?t fail to remember this web site and give it a look on a constant basis.

  19. Hi there it’s me, I am also visiting this website daily,
    this website is genuinely fastidious and the users are truly sharing fastidious thoughts.

  20. An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I do believe that you need to publish more on this subject,
    it may not be a taboo matter but typically people do
    not discuss these issues. To the next! Kind regards!!

  21. Admiring the time and energy you put into your website and detailed information you offer.
    It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed information. Great read!

    I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

  22. My partner and I stumbled over here different web
    page and thought I should check things out. I like what
    I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to checking out your web page for
    a second time.

  23. Excellent weblog right here! Additionally your website quite
    a bit up very fast! What host are you the use of? Can I get
    your associate link to your host? I want my website loaded up as
    quickly as yours lol

  24. This is very interesting, You’re a very skilled
    blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post.
    Also, I have shared your website in my social networks!

  25. I blog often and I genuinely thank you for your information. This great article
    has really peaked my interest. I am going to book mark your blog and keep checking for new information about once a week.
    I opted in for your Feed as well.

  26. hello there and thank you for your information – I have definitely picked up something new from right here.
    I did however expertise some technical points using
    this web site, as I experienced to reload the web site lots of times previous to I could get it to load
    correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK?
    Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score
    if advertising and marketing with Adwords.
    Well I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for much more of your respective fascinating content.
    Make sure you update this again very soon.

  27. Howdy! I simply wish to offer you a big thumbs
    up for the great information you have got here on this post.

    I will be coming back to your web site for more soon.

  28. Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as
    I provide credit and sources back to your weblog? My website is in the exact
    same area of interest as yours and my visitors would truly benefit
    from a lot of the information you present here. Please let me know if this okay
    with you. Thanks a lot!

  29. Hi there to all, the contents existing at this website are truly awesome for
    people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.

  30. Magnificent goods from you, man. I have have in mind your stuff
    prior to and you are just too excellent. I really like what you’ve bought here,
    really like what you’re saying and the way through which you
    assert it. You’re making it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible.
    I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a terrific web site.

  31. Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your
    stuff previous to and you’re just extremely excellent.
    I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are stating and
    the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to
    keep it smart. I can not wait to read far more from you.
    This is really a tremendous web site.

  32. Great blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?

    I’m hoping to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything.

    Would you suggest starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option?
    There are so many options out there that I’m totally confused ..
    Any suggestions? Thanks!

  33. Thank you for the good writeup. It if truth be told was once a
    amusement account it. Look advanced to more
    introduced agreeable from you! However, how can we keep up
    a correspondence?

  34. Life insurance premiums are the periodical amount that you pay for the life cover supplied under the life insurance policy.

  35. Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it but, I’d like to shoot you an e-mail.

    I’ve got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing.
    Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

  36. I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues?
    A handful of my blog readers have complained about my website not operating correctly in Explorer
    but looks great in Opera. Do you have any tips to help fix this issue?

  37. Magnificent items from you, man. I have take into accout
    your stuff prior to and you’re simply too excellent.
    I really like what you have obtained here, really like what you are stating and the way in which during which you
    say it. You’re making it entertaining and you still care for to keep it wise.
    I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is really a great site.

  38. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my web site thus i came to return the want?.I’m trying to in finding issues to improve my web site!I assume its ok to use a few of your concepts!!|

  39. I like the valuable info you provide to your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again right here frequently. I’m relatively sure I’ll be informed many new stuff right right here! Best of luck for the following!|

  40. It’s remarkable to go to see this web site and reading the views of all colleagues on the topic of this piece of writing, while I am also zealous of getting know-how.|

  41. What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & aid different users like its aided me. Great job.|

  42. I’d like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this site. I’m hoping to view the same high-grade content by you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my very own website now ;)|

  43. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!|

  44. Thanks for any other great post. The place else could anybody get that type of information in such an ideal method of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.|

  45. Pretty part of content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to
    say that I acquire actually loved account your weblog posts.
    Any way I will be subscribing in your feeds and even I achievement you get admission to constantly rapidly.

  46. Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous website.|

  47. hello!,I really like your writing so a lot! proportion we keep in touch extra about your article on AOL?
    I need a specialist in this area to resolve my
    problem. May be that’s you! Having a look forward to peer you.

  48. Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the images on this blog loading?
    I’m trying to find out if its a problem on my end
    or if it’s the blog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

  49. This is the thing: It is difficult to construct a big next on Instagram if you are not well known.

    There are some belongings you can do instantly to get no less than one,000 top quality Instagram followers to your Specialist or private account. Everything will come right down to where it is best to spend your effort and time.

    So, [url=https://socialmediablog72252020.wordpress.com/2022/07/13/how-to-gain-your-first-or-next-1000-instagram-followers/]how to get more instagram blog followers [/url] will examine some strategies that will help you get All those followers. These include making a worthy Instagram account, contests, and keeping correct to your manufacturer.

    It remains important to prioritize high quality above quantity

    It is important to not focus on the amount of followers you may have but on the standard information you deliver. You’ll Obviously improve your audience should you commit effort and time in generating instructive and inspirational written content, as opposed to worrying about swift fixes to extend followers.

    You should also look at that your viewers sizing will not affect how Many of us comply with you. Your content is what keeps them pursuing you.

    Maybe I used to be at first affected by an influencer due to the fact she had in excess of 200K followers. This indicated to me that she was worthwhile adhering to.

    Having said that, this doesn’t suggest that I have stopped subsequent influencers or manufacturers primarily based on their own size viewers. I have unfollowed quite a few mega-influencers and types with hundreds, if not a lot of followers just because they had been no longer inspiring me.

    If you would like earn the extended sport of Instagram, you need to focus on Whatever you Regulate. This incorporates the quality and advertising of your information, in addition to the manufacturer you create.

  50. Although a comparatively small nook of the insurance market, the annual contributions (self-insured premiums)
    to such swimming pools have been estimated up to 17
    billion dollars annually.

  51. Heya i’m for the first time here. I found
    this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much.
    I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

    Feel free to surf to my site coupon

  52. I do accept as true with all the ideas you’ve
    offered to your post. They are really convincing
    and will definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for
    starters. Could you please extend them a little from next time?
    Thank you for the post.

  53. Excellent website you have here but I was curious if you knew of any forums that cover the same topics talked about here? I’d really love to be a part of community where I can get comments from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

  54. Greetings from Ohio! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to check
    out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I love the information you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get
    home. I’m shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone ..
    I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, awesome site!

  55. Thanks , I have recently been searching for info
    approximately this subject for a long time and yours is the greatest I have found out so far.
    But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure concerning the supply?

  56. Disability overhead insurance allows business homeowners to cover the overhead
    expenses of their business whereas they’re unable to work.

  57. Microsoft is the largest vendor of office productivity tools in the world. But it comes with its fair share of error codes. Instead of hiring someone to fix your Microsoft error codes for you, you should get into DIY troubleshooting.
    ErrorCode Assistant makes it easy for you to troubleshoot your Microsoft error codes with simple step-by-step guides.

  58. I haven?¦t checked in here for some time since I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

  59. If you’re looking for a in depth and thorough help guide astrology symptoms in addition to their
    related schedules, your search is over! This exteensive guideline offers everything you should understand
    about the 12 astrology symptoms, such as important character traits, well suited components, and best days.
    No matter if you’re a Sagittarius tryinbg to find love oor perhaps a Virgo planning yur upcoming holiday, this article has everything
    youu need to learn about astrology indications in addition to thheir related days.


  60. Very interesting information!Perfect just what I was looking for! “The whole point of getting things done is knowing what to leave undone.” by Lady Reading.

  61. Howdy! This article could not be written any better! Looking at
    this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept preaching about this. I’ll forward this information to him.
    Pretty sure he will have a very good read. Thanks for sharing!

    Also visit my web-site :: Nature’s Zen CBD

  62. Have you ever thought about publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog based upon on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my audience would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested,
    feel free to shoot me an email.

  63. An attention-grabbing dialogue is value comment. I think that you must write more on this matter, it may not be a taboo topic however typically people are not sufficient to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers

  64. Thanks for the ideas you have provided here. Also, I believe there are several factors that really keep your motor insurance premium decrease. One is, to contemplate buying automobiles that are from the good set of car insurance companies. Cars that happen to be expensive tend to be at risk of being lost. Aside from that insurance coverage is also in accordance with the value of your automobile, so the more pricey it is, then higher the particular premium you pay.

  65. That is very fascinating, You’re an overly
    skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and sit up for in search
    of extra of your fantastic post. Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks

    Also visit my blog post: tracfone coupon

  66. I cling on to listening to the news update talk about receiving free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i get some?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *